The Biggest Problem is Education - R. Fuller

Okay. So I had my 6 weeks break before I finally become a P.
Well the title doesn't really make me proud.
When someone asks me ' How do you feel now that you overcame much hurdles and finally obtained your licence to be a professional P', I will have to think HARD and find an answer which must not sound too sad about it. You must be thinking, I must be crazy! Why feel sad when you achieved something, and earning much more than before??

My answer:
because I felt like I don't know anything,
because I feel overwhelmed by the responsibilities,
because I am UNSURE if this job makes me happy,
because I am UNSURE if this job allow for me to find my niche and potential and excel in it without compromising my happiness!

My break was GOOD. It felt like I had TIME to do the things I wanted to do. relax, enjoy and worry -less. Yet, it felt awful thinking that I will not have this luxury in just a few days' time.
In the midst of all these 'free' time I had, I picked up a book by Robert T. Kiyosaki - Be Rich & Happy ( Develop New Habits for FInancial & Emotional Success). Just like what I needed so much in my life that I couldn't find more of a relevant topic than this book!

Well, I'm just quarter a chapter away and I couldn't agree less with the things he had to say. The main core of the problem is education. And how education now is lacking to nourish young souls and minds that stemmed from making mistakes and doing the wrong things. How it punished OUR MINDS so much that it died, thinking that memorising hard facts is the way to success, going to University is successful, getting a PhD will get u to greater heights in terms of $$$. It punished us to think that making mistakes is WRONG hence creating this fear that will allow people to avoid mistakes in life - WHICH IS RIDICULOUS!

I guess I am one of the many victims of the EDUCATION SYSTEM. Perhaps my skin isn't thick enough to defy rules and regulations and to stand up to what I think is right. I was also brought up by the SYSTEM that will reward you for AVOIDING MISTAKES and GO BY THE RULES in order to be a GOOD STUDENT. Indeed, a good student I was. But, I failed miserably in my emotional well being, and I felt EMPTY. People say I am smart. I do not think I am cos I couldn't think out of the box. All I could do 'smart' was memorise. I am aware bout this long ago and I am darn excited this book I am reading expresses how I felt all along.

People may become rich from many sources.
However, no matter how rich you are, true wealth is being rich with the ability to lose all physical wealth and rebuilt it with the knowledge and experience gained; being able to retire but chooses not to because you enjoy doing it for the rest of the lives, and with a purpose for the benefit of mankind.

It isn't easy.
the toughest part is to unlearn what I've learnt all these years.
And find a passion rather than to go with the crowd??
It feels like..
I NEED to make a BIG MISTAKE right now.
LOL

Perhaps my biggest mistake is to be in the P. prof.
but there is still much to learn.
so..I should start making more mistakes
hrm.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rants and Grunts