APPS 08 THailand
sleepless nights!
hooray!!feels great!!
will miss them..sobz
ohyea, we're at the entrance of the temple
talented children. cheerios!
yummy food and great nite!
Lod Chong!!! breaktime during symposium.
our room!! Sofitel hotel rocks!
The many of us who went .
Thailand - known as ‘The Land of Smiles’
Indeed, we were welcomed with many many sweet smiles from pharmacy students of different universities in Thailand.
What did we do?
Ok , I shall begin.
Day 1
I slept for only 2 hours, then took a cab to Changi Airport ard 4am. Flight departed around 630am, reach Suvarnabumi Airport in Bangkok at approx. 830am. Greeted by a group of Thai students to welcome us to Thailand; followed by a 6 hour journey bus towards northeast thai where our congress would be held – Khon Kaen University!
Reached Khon Kaen, registered for workshops, got our nametags, and made our way into different groups intersperse with students of different countries. My group was named “ LOD CHONG” in Thai. Well, all I can say is that it’s a thai dessert that looks similar to our Chendol. Heh.
We were welcomed by thai performances, dances, FOOD and lastly, played games beside the pool. We even danced like mad there..having super duper fun making new friends! =)
Day 2
Woke up VERY early in the morning..630am. Thai time is 1 hour behind KL/Sg. We had morning call by them.. nice right? Anyway, headed for buffet breakfast. 5 star hotel bfast is superb.haha..heard it’s French.
Next, walked to another hotel for SYMPOSIUMS. Ok, the entire day we had 3 symposiums. All about current pharmacy situation in Thailand. A lot on Compulsory Licencing. I found out that delegates from Malaysia was more than 30 of em’. And the Dean of USM, Tun Haji Abbas was present too..well, at some time it felt weird cos I had to introduce myself as a student studying in NUS Sg but from Malaysia. LOL
After all serious stuff has ended, we had our International Night + Auction Night. It was really fun..countless Lengluis. I can’t believe Thailand has soooo many good looking females. Oh sadly im not les. =P ( just kidding). Well of coz the guys there are cute too..but, you know what I mean..ehem’
On this particular night, we had our performance. Our dance was pretty good..hahha..i heard from the ppl around me said so..hence, I’m not being vain ok? Lolz. And yeap, dressed in Sg Girl kebaya ( looking like an air stewardess) , many came forward to have a FEW shots with us. See how I stress the FEW? Haha..I guess it was because we looked kinda ‘UNIFORM’ in style, and it was eye-catchin?? Hrm…
Auction. Oh one of our prof suddenly popped out and gave us a surprise. He bought our Auction item .YAY!
DAY 3
Another wake up call, early breakfast and boarded a bus to KKU for Regional Meeting 1. Yah, there’s Regional Meeting 2. SIEN.SIenSIen. basically we were observers for the 4 hours? Gosh
Next, we had our poster presentation! I didn’t managed to looking at all posters due to the restricted time allowed. There was also oral presentation, and lab visits. NOT BAD. Quite educational and well, an eye-opener.
Then, came DINNER@! It was held at SMILE RESTAURANT . This restaurant is darn cool…really nice atmosphere with dim lightings and all..there’s 2 floors. First floor to dine. Second mainly for dine + karaoke. Well, their karaoke became a disco like room in the end as everyone started dancing! Haha..SEXY. One of their dances I learnt is pretty SEXY. This is how it goes. You pick a person, then you pick a sexy song, then, you dance facing the person in front of you WITHOUT ANY SMILES /LAUGHTER, best is EXPRESSION-less. The loser will be the one who laughs first. Kekeke…well, I’ve tried with a few.I tink I cud handle some. Mr Wei Guang was the hero. He’s darn funny. Mic too. Hahahahaha..i’m imagining their facial expressions already. Hohohoho..
DAY 4
Same thing happened in the morning. Symposiums, workshops at KKU. We did Thai Herbal compress which was really cute! It’s supposed to relieve muscle aches and pain. Then, there’s uni tour, visit to Queen Sirikit heart centre, and traditional night at the Karnchana pisek Hall. ( jubilee hall).
DAY 5
After breakfast we headed to do our Community Service project. Went to Sung Wan school, a school for disabled children,played games with them, tried talking to them in Thai and lastly, entertained by them! They played Thai songs using Thai trad instruments and it was FABULOUS!! These children are talented…They really are.. I’m sooo touched. =)
Next, we had Patient Counseling Event and back to Regional Meeting 2 which lasted freaking 6 hours long!. Our free night was almost jeorpadised.
Well, despite the rain, we went to the night market, shopping for dresses and shoes for GALA NIGHT! Hehheheh…fun fun..sat on TUK TUK in the rain and it felt like a speed boat on sea. SUPERB!
DAY 6
Breakfast on the bus.not exactly.hehe.. had cultural visits to temple, dinosaur museum, and CAMPAIGNING in the city! My first ever Caimpaigning in the city. Supposed to create awareness to ppl to not use ANTIBIOTICS for diarrhea, cough, cold, flu and wounds. We were all yelling and singing in Thai. It was FUN!
Last but not least, we had our final night. GALA NIGHT. Everybody started to exchange contacts etc. and it felt really sad having to part when it is only the beginning. I’m missing a lot of them already. My pretty pretty group leaders, IP, MATE and ANN. They were awesome. And my groupmates from msia, Indonesia , Korea ( Kayla) ..really glad to have known you guys. Well, I might forget the names but I can never forget the faces.
Thanks ANN, Ip, Mate for the lovely song for campaign :
Ya Ya Ya Ya Ya
Noong keey kin ya ree plaaw
Ya –kee-pee mii todd may bao
Tar hak rao kin yaa mak kern
Ya ya ya ya ya
Saam rook rak sadaay
Duoy, may chay yaa ka cheua
Nen, khay wat
Soong, tong sia
Saam, plee leua ok.
Cheers!
Chan ca kitthung APPS 08’ thii Khon Kaen, meung thay.
Comments