- Headaches-
Been thinking alot lately..and I mean it..a LOT!
What about?
Random stuff..life, studies, relationships, health, future...
Life, I've mentioned once in my blog. All the little things make up life. Studies,relationships, health all revolves around LIFE.
Studies. For now, I want to strive. I haven't been terribly depressed in all my life about my studies and results. And I'm hanging on..to tell myself failure is not the end of the world. I just got to BREATHE. I yearn to give my best. And in hope not to fly high, instead to achieve improvements, step by step, learning by doing.
In University, studies go hand-in-hand with activities. Responsibilities. Yet for me, when I have studies, I can't seem to handle activities & vice versa. I hate it. When I have my social life, I sacrifice my studies. How in world can I achieve a balance in both? After reading Mitch Albom's Five People You Meet In heaven, I learn that in life, there is always sacrifice. Whether you sacrifice something for something else, you do not lose. In fact, you are merely passing on what you've sacrificed to someone else who, who knows will be able to benefit more from your sacrifice? In economics, this is called opportunity costs.
Health. While working part-time, I hear stories, gossips, and loads of interesting facts about life which then made me spend my time thinking . Sickness can't be avoided. Old or young, 1 in 10 might have varied sort of diseases. The most pandemic of all, cancer. Every family,there will surely be one who has cancer, be it your great grandfather, or grandmother, or aunt, or sister-in-law. One. Is enough to cause lifetime sorrow. Yet, there are cases where people are strong-willed, fought off cancer with a determined heart. These people, I admire most. Talking about cancer is totally different story when you actually HAVE cancer. How would you react when the doctor diagnose you to have lung cancer?breast cancer?colon cancer? When you have all the money in the world, beginning to have a happy family, just gave birth to 2 dear kids, and all you NOT have is HEaLTh. Sad? Nah, life still goes on...if this ever happens, wouldn't it be better to spend the time you have happily than to mourn about it till ur very last breath? Think about it.
Sometimes, it frightens me. What if? What if 10 years later down the road, you suddenly discovered you have cancer? Then I would be thinking, what is there left that I can do on earth,what efforts can I contribute towards making a better life ahead for others. It is not about me after all. The world we live in. We are all connected. Strangers are just people you have yet to know. You may have encountered them in several ways, but have not got to know them personally. Everyone is related. Somehow. Someway. I believe.
Watching my grandma suffering from cancer is not a good sight to see. She is still living. In pain. All the time moaning , hoping God would ease her pain. Take her to a better place. She is a very strong woman. In all her life, she has suffered A LOT. Despite that, she sees no pity in herself. She works like there's no tomorrow. She survived it all..the toughest moments, the most horrid ones I can't imagine..I just wish her peace. PEACE. sigh
On relationships. Divorce rates are increasing. Yet I still see people drowned crazily in the maze of love. One that I heard is getting married to a guy and the best part is that they've only known each other for 9 months. 9 months! Married? I don't want to sound bias. But, can men actually be dependable nowadays? I don't know. Rape cases getting more frequent in JB. MEn. These people are CRAZY.....wth. Ok back to topic. Relationships. Sometimes, relationships are just like a roller coaster ride. One moment you get scared. One moment you get excited. Then after afew rides, you get bored. And what if the ride undergoes maintenance? You won't be able to ride for months? Some relationships can be PERFECT for 3 years. Marriage perfect for another 3 years. On the 7th year, everything falls apart. HOW?? anything can be a reason. You may love each other very much but impossible to be together. Yes. Anything is possible. Impossible is Possible.
I've no idea what's going on in my mind these days. Everything seem so scary to me that I have numerous incredible nightmares. I am definitely NOT complaining about boring holidays as I know it will be a long time to have another long holiday. And I'm not being a pessimist. Things make too much sense to me that it's hard to deny the fact is the fact.
Enough for today. I have had enough of headaches.
Onto another topic, I would love to wish Chin May Ling a HAppie Belated birthday. 20th June.
cheers~
Comments