Extraterrestrial Life

eee...apa ni?
(caped stalkers flying through a pagoda forest, Blue Moon planet,
according to National Geographic)
After reading an old book by Sidney Sheldon, titled the Doomsday Conspiracy, my mind started to wander off into SPACE! Another recent influence : Fantastic Four! wakaka...

Do you believe in ALIENS from another planet?


I wasn't very into the topic although there had been much discussions over the scientific areas of research into space until a fiction book actually brought me into thinking. Yes, the story is fiction, but what amazed me was the author's note about his encounter with the many real life scientists and astronauts.


He wrote: "The eminent Carl Sagan has estimated that our Milky Way galaxy alone may contain 250billion stars. About a million of these,he believes, may have planets capable of supporting some form of civilization."


Come to think of it, it does make sense, doesn't it? Imagine yourself taken away from planet Earth. Earth itself is one planet. What about other planets? If Earth is capable of supporting life, how TRUE is it that Earth is the ONLY PLANET that supports life? What are the possible forms of life someplace else?


" There are 400 billion stars in the galaxy. We're made of stardust, really common stuff. In a universe filled with stardust, it's hard to believe what we are the only creatures who could be. "


Then, I went browsing the net, I realised I've been so ignorant about it after all.


http://www.jimwestergren.com/finally-some-seti-progress-gliese-581-c/


This website talks about SETI, known as Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence by astronomers and MOP -Microwave Observing Project activated by NASA which located a planet on the habitable zone just recently on the 24th of April 2007.Gosh. It was during NUS exam period!!! and it's just a few days after i've sat for 2 econs papers on the 21st...zzz


ok,back to topic.


It said: The planet is named “Gliese 581 c” and is located very close to us, only 20,5 light years away. This is very close in astronomical measurements but unfortunately I very much doubt we can reach that planet within the next 150 years.


phew.


so, is it a good thing or a bad thing?


well well, just do checkout the article to read further. Seems interesting to me..:P (Heck, why am I doing pharmacy? I should be studying astronomy!)


Ha-ha.


Now, I think I'm beginning to believe in UFOs...


ohyea..and speaking of UFOs..


our 2nd UFO is about to land in NUS.


However, no panic. Just humans. No extraterrestrial life forms. SWT


gambate and cheers~




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rants and Grunts